Thursday, May 5, 2011

King, Ghosts and the CBC

So, I was reading one of my favourite blogs the other day, Beachcombing's Bizarre History Blog, and came across this post on William Lyon Mackenzie King's spiritualism. Dr. Beachcombing, I believe, is British, and true to historical form I got all excited that someone in Britain was interested in Canada! ( debatable whether we've ever really shaken the colonial itch ie. Royal Wedding fever). Lovely post, but nothing new to most students of Canadian history. However, as I so very often do, I read the blog and immediately began wasting my time searching through the CBC online archives. Anyway, while surfing I found this, which seems out of place for today's CBC...

A seance at Laurier House

I do wonder if done when the recent election began if King could have forseen the 'Orange Crush'? 


Also, as a side note, I visited Laurier House for the first time a few weeks ago. I found it amusing, and quintessentially Canadian, that the room that King conducted the seances in is now...a utility room.

No comments:

Post a Comment